Hello, my name is … Samantha M Clark, author of THE BOY, THE BOAT, AND THE BEAST. But you already know that.
Here’s what you might not yet know…
I have always loved stories about ordinary people in extraordinary circumstances. After all, if four ordinary brothers and sisters can find a magical world at the back of a wardrobe, why can’t I?
While I look for my real-life Narnia, I write about ordinary children and teens who’ve stumbled into a wardrobe of their own.
In a past life, I was a photojournalist and managing editor for newspapers and magazines. I have lived in a land of rainforests, the land of the Queen, two Caribbean islands (this one and this one), and now live with my husband and crazy dog in the land of the weird.
5 Fun Facts:
- My favorite place to be when I was a kid was in a tree. Any tree.
- That said, I don’t have favorites. Not even a favorite color. They’re all so wonderful, I couldn’t possibly choose just one. I don’t even a best friend. How can I when all my friends are the best for different reasons? (Plus, I wouldn’t want to hurt their feelings.)
- I went to a boarding school that was kinda like Hogwarts (without the moving staircases and floating candles, although we might’ve had a ghost or two).
- I love the ocean. Everything about it. Its beauty, strength, danger… but especially the sound of waves crashing on shore. Seriously! It’s my home page app on my phone.
- I often write in the middle of the night. Yep. My characters are demanding and often keep me up. I’ve learned not to fight them.
I want to say a special THANK YOU to my incredibly creative and wonderful husband, Jamie Clark, who did the amazing header for this site. Check out more of his visual effects work on his website.
And as you look at the images on this site, you might notice that I’ve got a small obsession with badges and fridge magnets. What can I say? I haven’t found a support group yet, so I’m embracing it. ~SMC